Self-Storage of Elizabethtown is a worry free,
- Leases are flexible and can be written for a term of as short as one month. Lease terms begin on the day of signing.
- One form of photo ID is required when renting a unit.
- First month rent is required at the time of signing.
- Payment is accepted by most major credit cards as well as personal/corporate checks. Multiple payment options are available including automatic payment each month from a credit card.
- A minimum of 15 days written notice is required prior to vacating. Your last month’s rental payment will be prorated.
- A key deposit is required at the time of signing. A specialty lock will be provided to you at that time.
- You will have access to your unit as soon as the lease is executed and initial payments are made.
- If you have any questions, please contact our on site manager at 717-314-8624.
While Self-Storage of Elizabethtown is incredibly flexible regarding what you can store, there are several items that are not permitted to be stored in the units. If you have any questions regarding what can and cannot be stored in the units, please contact Susan at 717.314.8624.
The most common restrictions include:
- Inflammable or Combustible Materials
These types of materials will pose very real danger to the entire facility and personnel if stored within a unit, not to mention your own stored items if there is an accident. The list of restrictions includes gas, fuel, fireworks, etc. Please empty all fuel tanks, even your lawnmower or other small machinery, before placing these items in self-storage.
- Animals or Animal Products
Storing pets or other animals in the units is not permitted. Storing pets in a self-storage unit, even when checked in on daily, is cruel and could result in prosecution. Animal products are also not allowed in self-storage as they will attract vermin.
- Illegal or stolen goods
No reputable self-storage provider will allow you to store illegal or stolen goods on their premises; the same holds true for Self-Storage of Elizabethtown.
Self-Storage of Elizabethtown does allow for firearms to be stored in the units; however, you will have to secure your weapons with trigger locks or other similar security features. Ammunition of any kind is not permitted to be stored at Self-Storage of Elizabethtown.
Self-Storage of Elizabethtown does not permit the storage of fragrant items or anything that will cause a significant odor on site.
Aerosols or pressurized inflammable materials are not permitted to be stored at Self-Storage of Elizabethtown. There is the possibility that these items could burst and cause accidents, this is especially true considering most aerosols are extremely flammable.
- Hazardous Materials
Self-Storage of Elizabethtown does not allow the storage of hazardous, toxic or chemical materials on site as these items can cause very real damage if they spill or if there is a fire.
Please do not store plants or any other living things in a self-storage unit as they will attract insects and pests.
- Perishable Food/DryGoods
If you’re looking to store the contents of your house in self-storage, it might make sense to simply box up the contents of your kitchen cupboards and stick them in the storage unit. While this would be fine for canned goods, there are restrictions on perishable foods and dry goods as they will attract pests.
The list presented above is not all inclusive and is meant to be a general guide as to what types of items are not permitted. If you have any doubt as to whether or not the item you wish to store is permitted by Self-Storage of Elizabethtown, please contact Susan at 717.314.8624.